Monument Insurance means Monument Insurance (NZ) Limited and its affiliates or subsidiaries. Monument Insurance (NZ) Limited is a related company of Crombie Lockwood (NZ) Limited.
Insurance Services means the insurance services provided by Monument Insurance.
Liability means any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost, charge, claim, demand, expense, judgment, action, proceeding or other liability whatsoever (including, without limitation in respect of taxes, duties, levies, imposts, penalties and other charges) whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
Marks means trademarks, service marks, and trade names.
Personal Information means the information about an individual which identifies or is capable of identifying that individual, including but not limited to, names, addresses, email and other contacts, employment, claims, or criminal history.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- “you" and "your" refer to any party accessing the Monument Insurance Websites;
- a reference to a "person" includes an individual, firm, company, corporation or unincorporated body of persons, in each case whether or not having separate legal personality, and a reference to a "company" includes a person; and
- a reference to a statute or other law includes regulations and other instruments under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any term.
In order to provide services to you, you may be required to provide Monument Insurance with Personal Information (and in relation to the regulation of Personal Information relating to health, the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 also applies). Monument Insurance may collect and hold Personal Information about you whenever you interact with Monument Insurance or when you access or use a Monument Insurance Website.
The Privacy Act 1993 regulates the way organisations such as Monument Insurance collect, use, protect and disclose Personal Information. Monument Insurance is committed to safeguarding your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Monument Insurance collects only that Personal Information necessary for Monument Insurance to provide you with the services you require, including, but not limited to, assessing and managing your insurance application or policy, and any claim you may make.
You do not have to provide Monument Insurance with any Personal Information. However, in that case, Monument Insurance may not be able to process your application for insurance cover, process your claim or accept your application for employment with Monument Insurance.
Purposes for which Monument Insurance may use and disclose Personal Information
Monument Insurance uses your Personal Information primarily for purposes for which Monument Insurance has collected it, which may include but are not limited to:
- processing your application for insurance cover;
- verifying the information you have provided;
- enabling you to obtain a quotation for and purchase insurance cover from an insurer online using a Monument Insurance Website;
- employment; and
Monument Insurance may use and/or disclose your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection. For example, Personal Information may be disclosed to other service providers of Monument Insurance, including, but not limited to insurers, lawyers, assessors, loss adjusters, investigators and health service providers.
Monument Insurance may also disclose your Personal Information:
- if Monument Insurance are directed to do so by government authorities including, but not limited to thepolice, or Inland Revenue Department, or in order to comply with the law or any statutory request;
- to a third party if you have given Monument Insurance express and/or inferred consent or authorisation to do so; and/or
- to a third party such as marketing or research agencies.
Where Personal Information is used for research or product development or marketing purposes, Monument Insurance will ensure that the information does not identify an individual.
Additionally, where you have procured service from Monument Insurance, Monument Insurance, or its authorised agent, may disclose your Personal Information to:
- any person authorised by you;
- a financier whose name appears on your policy (for the purpose of confirming the currency of your policy or
- to confirm if the financier has a current interest);
- an insurer who is providing your insurance (for the purpose of confirming your personal and insurance details, and providing and administering your insurance policy including any claims made under the insurance policy);
- another person named as a co-insured on your policy (for the purpose of confirming if full disclosure has been made to Monument Insurance);
- an organisation who provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of confirming payments made by you to Monument Insurance);
- an airline, medical practitioner, treating doctor or emergency assistance provider (to establish your medical status and fitness to travel);
- a dispute resolution organisation (for the purpose of resolving disputes between Monument Insurance and you or between Monument Insurance and a third party);
- a family member, in the case of a medical emergency;
- a related company or agent that provide, computer hosting and support services;
- a mailing house, records management company or technology service provider (for printing and/or delivery of mail, including secure storage and management of Monument Insurance's records);
- Monument Insurance's related entities, so that Monument Insurance Monument Insurance may offer you other products and services;
- a company to conduct surveys on Monument Insurance's behalf for the purposes of improved customer services and/or;
- an insurance reference bureau (to record any claims you make upon an insurance policy purchased through Monument Insurance).
Further, in the event of a claim, Monument Insurance or a Monument Insurance authorised agent may disclose your Personal Information:
- to a repairer or supplier (for the purpose of repairing or replacing your insured items);
- to an investigator, assessor, State or Federal authority, medical practitioner, hospital or other professional adviser (for the purpose of investigation or assessing your claim);
- a lawyer or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you or recovering Monument Insurance's costs including your excess); and/or
- to another party in a claim (for the purpose of obtaining a statement from them or seeking recovery from them or to defend an action by a third party).
Personal Information about you may also be sought and obtained by Monument Insurance from the above people or organisations, and you authorise Monument Insurance to obtain Personal Information from these sources.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and correct your Personal Information.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 Monument Insurance will:
- Provide Monument Insurance dispute resolution procedures to you, should you wish to complain about how Monument Insurance handle your Personal Information.
Monument Insurance's aim is to have accurate and up-to-date information. When you receive policy schedules, renewal notices or other documents from Monument Insurance, you should contact Monument Insurance if you consider the information is not correct. Where reasonably possible and appropriate, Monument Insurance will correct the information on Monument Insurance's systems or held on file, or note your request to correct the information on our systems or files.
If you have a complaint or want more information about how Monument Insurance are managing your Personal Information, please contact the Privacy Officer. For security reasons, any request for details of Personal Information held by Monument Insurance must be made in writing.
New Zealand law applies
Other important information
Payment by credit card
Monument Insurance (NZ) Limited, contact:
The Privacy Officer / Legal Team Monument Insurance
Level 22, Crombie Lockwood Tower
191 Queen Street
Phone: +64 9 358 2258